- To chair monthly Committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- To act as Master of Ceremonies at the Annual Club Dinner.
- To hold a position on the Bath CSSC.
- To guide and advise the General Committee on CSSC issues.
- To ensure all trophies are returned at least six weeks before the annual Club Dinner.
- To arrange distribution of voting slips for the annual awards.
- To arrange engraving of all trophies and awards and ensure they are ready for the annual dinner.
- To be the point of contact for all club business with both other rugby and non-rugby organisations.
- To organise the AGM iaw the Club Constitution.
- To produce a report for the AGM.
- To produce and publish the AGM minutes.
- To organise monthly general committee meetings.
- To produce and publish minutes for each monthly general committee meeting.
- To ensure that all of the Clubs RFU fees and insurance premiums are paid.
- To order and distribute international tickets.
- To provide an account and monies to the treasurer for international ticket sales.
- To collect all membership subscriptions from the membership secretary on a monthly basis.
- To collect monies from other Club members as and when appropriate.
- To issue receipts for all monies collected.
- To maintain a record of all the Club’s financial transactions.
- To maintain a list of all the Club’s debtors/creditors and inform the General Committee monthly.
- To provide an estimate of the Club’s financial situation at each General Committee meeting.
- To ensure an annual audited account is prepared and presented to the AGM.
- To compile a fixture list prior to the start of each season.
- To arrange for printing and distribution of fixture cards at the start of each season.
- To provide the membership secretary with a supply of fixture cards once produced.
- To provide a list of fixtures to the Somerset RFU by the required date in the close season.
- To provide a list of fixtures to the Referees Appointments secretary before the middle of July.
- To provide the Sulis Club with a fixture list.
- To confirm fixtures in the week prior to the match with the opposition match secretary.
- To confirm home fixtures in the week prior to them being played with the appointed referees.
- To ensure a referee has been appointed for all home games.
- To use the pool facility to arrange a replacement game following cancellation of the original fixture.
- To inform the referee if a home game is cancelled and no replacement game can be arranged.
- To book Sulis Club pitches for adhoc home games that are not shown in the fixture card.
- To liase with Club Sponsors regarding current and future sponsorship arrangements.
- To organise Tour matches once advised by the Tour secretary of the destination.
- To arrange food for home matches and ensure orders are cancelled when matches are cancelled.
- To ensure food invoices are received, paid and receipts obtained for the Treasurer.
- To maintain a list of all playing and non-playing members and Vice Presidents of the Club.
- To collect and maintain a record of membership subscriptions.
- To advise Treasurer and Team Manager of any debtors.
- To record CSSC membership numbers for those club members that are also members of the CSSC.
- To issue fixture cards to all paid up members of the Club.
- To issue fixture cards to and seek donations from the Vice Presidents of the Club.
- To publish at least three times a season a Club newsletter for VPs and Club Sponsors.
- To organise social and/or fund raising events as directed by the General Committee.
- To publicise all social and fund raising events to all members by appropriate means.
- To organise fund raising on home match days.
- To provide accounts of monies spent and/or raised for the Club Treasurer asap after the event.
- To organise the Annual Club Dinner.
- To ensure the Club is registered iaw the lottery act to enable the Christmas draw to be run.
- To organise coaches for matches and events when directed to do so by the General Committee.
- To appoint a Vice Captain.
- To organise team selections along with the vice captain and any other member he so wishes to ask.
- To organise half time refreshments for home games.
- To collect match subscriptions from all players after the match.
- To provide the Treasurer with an account for all monies collected.
- To produce a report of events on the playing side of the Club at the AGM.
- To report the views of the players at selection and/or General Committee meetings.
- To maintain up to date player availability schedules at least four weeks in advance.
- To co-ordinate team selection.
- To maintain contact with injured players so as to monitor their prospective availability.
- To report players views at selection and/or General Committee meetings.
- To liase with membership secretary on playing member issues.
Clothing and Equipment Manager
- To purchase club clothing as agreed with the General Committee.
- To advertise Club clothing and its availability.
- To take orders from Club members and place orders with suppliers for Club Clothing.
- To purchase equipment or repairs as directed by the General Committee.
- To provide regular accounts and inventory reports to the Treasurer for both clothing and equipment.
- To ensure the Club First Aid box is adequately stocked at all times.
- To advertise the Club at all opportunities in the Bath area especially the local press.
- To make the local press aware of forthcoming events at the Club.
- To edit and publish a periodical Club Magazine.
- To organise the annual tour as directed by the General Committee.
- To advertise the tour so as to ensure maximum numbers attend.
- To operate a separate tour account and collect monies from attendees.
- To provide an account to the Treasurer asap after the tour.